Monday, March 19, 2012

About Me

My previous post was supposed to be my official "About Me", but once it turned into a long winded story of a bad experience from my past, I decided I'd introduce myself in a separate post.

I'm a 22 year old college senior born, raised, and living Boston Mass. I love this city so much. I went to a rural college in my freshman year and decided to transfer back to this area because I love it here so much. I live at home, but am hoping to move out soon so I can start living my life as the person I want to be.

I would describe myself as more masculine han feminine acting, but I'm not a macho douche. I'm 6'4, 185 pounds, average build. I'm 100% Irish, blue eyes, good looking guy if I say so myself. I wear Nike/addidas/AE stuff, always in sneakers, usually wearing my Sox cap. I never go out in downtown Boston; I go to the local bars. I played basketball in high school (I wasn't good but they let me on varsity because I'm so tall and the coach said I was "one of the nicest kids he's ever met") and I still like to shoot around in the nice weather. I love hiking and being outdoors.

I'm a little more introverted than I'd like to be. The people I hang out with are people I've been friends with since middle school or high school. I have a pretty even mixture of guy friends and girl friends. I'm a listener though. I never really talk about myself when I'm with other people (that's what this things for). I usually keep the attention on whoever I'm talking to, especially with strangers. Me and my really close buds can talk and laugh about the the stupidest shit. Since my incident in high school, I'm assuming all my close friends know that I'm gay, but they've never really treated me any different or alluded to it.

My father died of a respiratory infection when I was 17 years old. I miss him a lot. My brother and I had to make the decision to take him off life support. He was a really bad alcoholic when I was younger, so it kind of scared me out of getting involved in drugs/alcohol haha.

I'm sorry these last two posts have been kind of depressing! Some funny stuff happens in my life so they'll get funnier. Hopefully I'll have some more exciting stuff in terms of coming out and all that gay stuff too.

2 comments:

  1. BC: What are your dreams and aspirations for life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world bud! Sorry to hear about all your troubles in the past, but I'm sure you've got plenty more positive stories to share with us. :)

    ReplyDelete